The World Has Gone To S**t.

Well. If the world was an egg, it is now a burnt scrambled egg. No aliens will want to come eat us now.
What's going on in the world right now that I'm aware of?
  • COVID-19
  • Black Lives Matter movement
    • Protests in the USA
    • Social media is flooded with various retweets and reposts of videos and statements
    • Peaceful marches and violent riots, both of which have had tear gas involved
    • George Floyd and #sayhername
  • Climate change
    • Ongoing issue, getting worse day by day
  • Too much more to list right now
I'm passionate about human rights and equality. I'm proud to call myself a feminist. I'll probably start making a post here and there detailing some facts, evidence, historical events, and how they are affecting what is happening today in the USA. 
But, before that. We're in the middle of a global pandemic, people have lost their financial security, their quality of education, their access to healthcare, etc. The past few months have been hell for most people, so it was inevitable that mental health would be impacted. Those with preexisting mental health conditions are hit the hardest by this. Yes, it is important to stay informed and try to dig out the factual information from all the senseless news and social media posts, but your mental health matters too.
For now this short post is all I'm going to make, because I have been working hard to educate myself and spread awareness and now the world is starting to overwhelm me, so I need a break to let my mental health recover, and that's okay. If you need a break, that's okay.
Take a break. Breathe. Appreciate what you have. Check your privilege. Take care of yourself. And then continue doing whatever you are doing to do your part. It's okay to prioritize yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts